Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birth...day

Well.... right now is the day. Not the moment... that happened at 4:45 pm... but still... the day. Granted I don't remember it, but from what I hear, it was cold as hell, and my dad barely made it to the hospital in time. Other than that, it was smoothe going. I'm home alone right now, sitting here, with so many different feelings running through my head.

I always had a plan for my life, where I wanted to be by the time I hit this point. For the most part, things have fallen into place. I have a great job, great friends, a fantastically wonderful family, and a love that, I believe at the core, is real. It's funny how perceptions change, feelings change, and all of a sudden, you are thrown into a totally new way of looking at people, relationships, and life. In my heart, I hope that this year is filled with more happiness than I know what to do with, less heartache than experienced in the past, and a strong sense of self that I know will bring me to the next level in my life. I want to run forward making positive changes, ridding myself of the poison that I have somehow let in, and realize who and what are the REAL people, situations, and things, that surround me.

It's my day today... my day to just be me. Take or leave it, love it or don't, in the end... it's me... and that's all I know how to do.

No comments: